Monday, July 9, 2012

Prologue

Ok, so this is my first real time blogging so I hope to keep it somewhat entertaining but yet informative about what is going on.  I want to help show everyone else what goes on behind the scenes in getting ready for the Olympic Games and what it is like during them and also share a few fun adventures I get to experience along the way.  It has always been on my 'bucket list', so to speak, to go to an Olympic Games, but that was as a fan.  It didn't even seem in the realm of possibility to do as an employee.  Now that it is happening and I am participating in the Games I feel like the saying "From inspiration comes motivation" can actually carry some weight in a crazy roundabout way.  I mean, I was inspired 16 years ago but it stuck enough all those years to get me here.  I watch so many movies and take so many lines and actions from them that I often think life should be like a movie.  I've even been told I live like life is a movie.  The funny thing is it actually seems like one, at least to this point, and I'm just getting started.  I'm very fortunate and would be the first to say I've been pretty lucky the way "the cookie has crumbled."  I've met so many great people along the way and made many friends.  I would be no where near this point without them all for what they have done in one way or another in my life, big or small.  The same goes for my family.  They have been remarkable and pushed me to achieve big things.  When those five rings sparked my interest in 1996 a great sense of pride for the country I was born and raised in came along with it.  I love hearing the national anthem during medal ceremonies.  I don't see it as simply an opportunity to show the world we are number one but rather one to represent the great things we all stand for.  There aren't many places in the world, if any, that are a better fit to host the greatest sport spectacle than London.  The city is recognized and respected around the world for it's history and culture and has been a prominent symbol for many, many years.  For this opportunity to be part of, not only Team USA, but to experience this event with the rest of the world is an honor.  And as much as I love so much else in the world I have to show my loyalty to my roots.  HEADS HIGH, STAND TALL, FLY STRAIGHT...USA ALL THE WAY!!! (a rip off of Mighty Ducks if you didn't catch that)

Ps.   Please feel free to give comments about my blogging skills

No comments:

Post a Comment