Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 4 - UEL Load-Out & Score Setup

Starting to get a really good grasp on everything here.  I think I am aware of how I will live for the next 5 weeks.  Key word "think".  Following a good update on everything at the meeting I headed over to SportsDock (located at UEL and the site for one of our training centers) with Denise to try out the weightroom and get a workout in.  I had not seen the facility yet but the minute I walked in the door I was impressed.  The building had basically been built for us (Team USA).  Well, we helped move the process of the building.  It is completely brand new and we own it for the next month or so.  I've been very impressed with how good UEL has been to us.  They have everything in place and are always one step ahead of us.  Nothing is being worked on last minute.  Big kudos to them and to Doug and the team who got all issues addressed beforehand, not to mention how friendly they have been towards all of us.  The morning was spent sorting through trucks to get certain pallets to the proper locations within the UEL campus (Food & Nutrition, Athlete Services, and Sports Dock) and then the hiccups of finding things that were sent to the wrong sites.  No big deal.  Our staff was great in accommodating the changes and the movers were once again very helpful.  Those guys are impressive.  They work hard and help one another so well.  One of my highlights of the day was when one called the other a "muggy" jokingly.  It's a term for someone who runs their mouth but most people don't take offense to it.  I am falling in love with the accents.  The best is when you hear little kids speak with a thick accent.  I've only ever been out of the country to countries that speak english but you still expect the local people to speak a different language and not be able to understand them yet you do and they understand you as well.  The culture is so fun! I love traveling! "Can I get some syrup to go with my pourage please." Love it!  Went back to Score to lay out the volleyball floor and put the new wood down on the boxing ring since the wood shipped got warped.  I don't think the morning lifting session helped because by the time we laid out the floor pieces I was worn down.  The perfect sunny morning turned into a dreary, cool evening on my way back home (home means UEL).  It was actually good because the others were all about staying in and it gave me time to get some blogging done.  Tis all, good night London!

Days left until Olympic Games: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment