Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 20 - Chad the Dietician

Chad the Dietician
Tyson Gay
Sanya Richards-Ross
NBC Crew
After the Opening Ceremony celebration last night I let Paul crash on my floor.  Early this morning I heard an alarm that wasn't mine but it wouldn't shut off.  I got up and found it in the corner it was Paul's.  Paul wasn't in the room. I sat there for a second and then somehow processed that he may have gotten locked out of the door that gets you to the rooms.  I opened the door and there he was.  He had sleep walked and woke up too late after the door had locked on him.  Too funny but the poor guy was stuck outside for a couple hours.  It didn't anger him though as we both continued laughing about it.  If you read this Paul I'm sure you are glad I shared it with the world.  A few hours later we decided to start the day and headed to Mile End to help Andrea at her request.  She is the dietician that is stationed at Mile End for the track and field team.  I took Abby and Paul there with me.  It was a bit different then the usual day.  I got to learn a lot about nutrition from Andrea. For the morning session we made some smoothies for the athletes and got mixed reviews on them.  Paul and Abby did the cutting while I got to decide how much of each ingredient to put in them.  We knew they needed something so I decided to make it sweeter and added some orange juice.  It was pretty neat because everyone was impressed with the taste.  I can now add 'dietician' to my resume!  Many of the track athletes were very thankful. One even offered me to taste one before I told him that I made it.  I recognized a good number of them but it was harder to pick some out in person.  Tyson Gay was obviously easy to recognize, along with Allison Felix, Carmelita Jeter, Jeremy Wariner, and Sanya Richards-Ross.  Justin Gatlin and my favorite, Lolo Jones, were absent today though.  Between sessions today I saw a group coming in wearing colorful jump suits.  Then I saw "Seacrest" printed on the back of one.  It was the group from NBC Today.  One guy came up to me and asked who I was.  I introduced myself but had no idea who he was and then he walked away.  It was Matt Lauer.  That was pretty cool.  Their group was meeting with the race walkers.  Later they staged race walk.  Seacrest and Lauer were winning before they started bumping and got in a scuffle, meanwhile the group of women passed and then saw the athletes and got detoured.  Then there was Al Roker in the back slowly passing them and shooting grins as he got ahead of everyone and finished first.  It was quite ridiculous but pretty funny nonetheless.  I returned to UEL and capped off the evening with dinner at the Fox Restaurant.  The scene was a bit more interesting this time around because people from countries all over were in there now and watching Olympic coverage.  Overall the first day of competition went pretty well.  We didn't finish how we would have liked in the men's 4x100 freestyle relay but there were some surprises in other events which was great for those sports.  Many different sports streaming all day everywhere.  Gotta love it!  Well I'm going for a 'kip'.


Day of the XXX Olympiad: 2

1 comment:

  1. MATT LAUER!!! You met Matt Lauer!! How cool is that! I am enjoying very much reading your blog! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete