Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 36 - UEL wrapup, Volunteer Celebration



GOOOD MORNING LONDON!  Well folks today is the last day of the action going on in my blog but tomorrow I plan to sum some things up.  I will admit that today was a struggle (a bit tired) but we all banded together and finished packing things up.  The movers once again showed the ultimate work ethic and helped give you reason to step you game up one more time and finish.  Like MJ said, “It’s not about how hard you push along the way, it’s about having something in you to finish.”  That’s exactly what it was.  Once again I have to thank the volunteers (Ryan, Paul, and Abby) for helping me rally after the work was done.  I really wanted a nap but they convinced me it was time for our pack to go have fun as a group in the city.  Paul had been talking for a while about an American western style restaurant in Shoreditch.  It was called Red Dog Saloon.  
Abby, Ryan, Paul, and I

They even had an eating challenge but none of decided to accept the challenge.  The burger I had was delicious.  From there we headed to a couple places that Paul was familiar with.  They were located in the business area of London.  The Gallery was our next spot which was very chill but had a great happy hour.  We were all having a very a blast celebrating the good times we had over the last few weeks and trying to make one more memorable night.  That is exactly what we did as we made our way across London Bridge and back to the place I was at last night, Belushi’s.  This time, however, there was karaoke and dancing.  We all shredded that dance floor and then took our one and only turn on the mic where we teamed up for “Summer of 69” by Bryan Adams with a little bit of our own flavor as Ryan led a rendition of our own.  We changed the words to “Summer of 2012”.  After many hours and a full day/night of being together one final time I think I can say everyone brought their ‘A’ game tonight.  From there it was an enjoyable cab ride back to Paul’s to crash.  What a way to wrap up five and a half weeks in London and with some of the greatest new friends you could meet!  For me and my role at the Games this officially signifies the fulfillment of my duties.  I hope you all have enjoyed reading the blog and please check out tomorrow’s final piece.  Godspeed my friend!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment